Hi, I'm an ex-pat based in Chengdu.
I'm a marketer and writer, among other things.
Great initiative, by the way!
I'm interested in joining your TG group. If anyone's interested, you can find me on Twitter @verfasor
Anyway, here are a bunch of tips that you may consider as primers:
- Immerse yourself in the language by consuming English-language media such as movies, TV shows, music, podcasts, and books.
- Make speaking a priority. Talk to yourself if you have to. Find conversation partners or language exchange partners to practice speaking with.
- Listen actively to English-language audio such as news, lectures, and podcasts, and focus on specific vocabulary and grammar.
- Use flashcards to memorize new vocabulary and review regularly.
- Study and practice grammar rules in context using exercises.
- Keep a diary (preferably a blog), and write in English daily to improve writing skills and track progress. Send your drafts to someone good in language for reviews.
- Pay attention to idiomatic expressions commonly used in spoken English, and they can be challenging.
- Communicate with native speakers, and join communities or language exchange groups.
- Read https://sive.rs
. He writes great stuff!